The deck of cards workout is a fast-paced, conditioning-style workout that uses a deck of cards to randomly serve up various exercises and rep counts. Each suit corresponds to a specific exercise and the card number indicates the number of reps you have to complete. Sounds easy? We promise it’s not.
Improve productivity by taking breaks! Taking breaks and giving yourself time during the day to leave your desk/work space ad move can boost your productivity and improve your focus! Check out this short video for some great tips you can implement into your own workday!
Taking breaks while working
Even if you don’t have access to equipment you can still get in a great strength workout. This sheet demonstrates a tough one you can do from literally anywhere! Maybe you can take some time and get outside, enjoy some fresh air while completing today’s workout.
Meal prepping can be a real game changer for your overall health and fitness. Having meals, or even just certain meal components, ready to go can make life and healthy choices that much easier. But, we know it can be daunting to get started. This video lays out some great tips and tricks for beginners to start meal prepping! Let us know if you give any of these tips a try for your first or next meal prep!
Step It Pink Virtual 5K walk/run Oct. 1 – 31
Show your support for breast cancer awareness and sign up for the Step It Pink! Virtual 5K October 1st – 31st. This event can be run at your convenience anytime time during the month of October. Become a fundraiser to participate in the walk/run or simply donate now.
- Wear pink and share photos and comments on the BP Fitness Center Yammer page!
- Download the free Strava App and join our BP Fitness Center running group to track your distance and time
For more questions please contact Stephen.Salazar@bp.com
If you’re like the millions of people who use electronic tools such as a cell phone, tablet, laptop or desk computer, you’ve probably spent hours upon hours looking at the screen with your head jutted forward - as is common with a forward head posture. This total-body approach will relieve tensions through the entire kinetic chain, while also enhancing desired results.
Boost your mood through the release of endorphins, which are feel good chemicals released by your brain. Sleep better at night. Reduce joint pain and stiffness. Help prevent high blood pressure and regulate cholesterol. These are just some of the many benefits from doing cardio exercises. Go out for a 15 minute walk, run or bike ride.
- Download our PDF Tracking Sheet (linked below) to document daily participation in our challenge.
- Use Adobe Reader or Microsoft Edge to check off your daily activities and workouts.
- At the end of the challenge submit your signed and completed tracking sheet to. Stephen.Salazar@bp.com for a chance at a prize drawing
- Those with the highest participation will be recognized on the BP Fitness Center Yammer Page and on our website